Save notes, highlights & bookmarks to Google Docs
You can see your Play Books notes, highlights, and bookmarks neatly organized in a Google Doc and saved in Google Drive. Your notes will be saved in a document specific to the book you’re reading.
Turn notes saving on
- On your mobile device, open the Google Play Books app.
- Touch Menu > Settings > Save notes, highlights, and bookmarks in Google Drive.
- Name the folder your notes will save to.
- Check the box and touch OK.
If you need to rename your folder, you can re-open Settings in the Google Play Books app and make the change there.
Sync notes you added before you turned this feature on
Not seeing your notes in a document? If you added notes before you turned syncing on, you’ll need to:
- Open the book you want to sync.
- Add a new note, highlight, or bookmark. This will create a new document with all of the notes from that book.
See your notes, highlights & bookmarks
- Go to Google Drive.
- Make sure you’re signed in to the same account you used for Play Books.
- Open the folder you created to store your notes. By default, the folder is named “Play Books Notes”.
Edit a notes document
If you make edits to a notes document in Drive, they’ll be deleted the next time you add notes to the same book. To make and save edits to a synced notes document, you’ll need to make a copy of the document first.
- On your computer, open the notes doc you want to edit.
- Click File > Make a copy.
- Name your new doc.
- Make your edits to the new doc.
Note: If you add notes to a book, they'll be saved only in the original notes document. If you want them in your new doc, you'll need to manually add them to the new doc.
Highlights aren't syncing
If you have a document created but your highlights aren’t syncing, it may be because:
- The book doesn’t support the feature
- Too much of the book is already highlighted
- Try new Android apps before they’re officially released
- Claim gift card rewards
- Read books on Google Play
- Upload files & print books
- Use bookmarks, notes, definitions, & translations
- Read comics on Google Play Books
- Watch movies & shows using a different account
- Add music to your queue
- 更新您的 Android 應用
- 試用尚未正式發布的最新 Android 應用