Use a family payment method on Google Play
When you're in a family group, you can make purchases on Google Play using the family payment method or a separate payment method.
How the family payment method works
- When a family group is created, the family manager can add a family payment method.
- Family members can use the family payment method to make purchases on Google Play or in-app purchases.
- The family manager is responsible for any purchases made by their family members using the family payment method.
- The family manager gets an email receipt each time a family member makes a purchase.
- The family manager can turn on purchase approvals to require family members to get their approval to make certain purchases.
Make purchases using the family payment method
Family members can make purchases using the family payment method, or another payment method.
Note: Kids under 13 can only make purchases using the family payment method.
Family members can use the family payment method to make in-app purchases and to buy the following content on Google Play:
- TV shows
- Magazine issues
Note: If content is eligible to be added to Family Library, you'll see the Family Library icon on the details page.
- Try new Android apps before they’re officially released
- Claim gift card rewards
- Read books on Google Play
- Upload files & print books
- Use bookmarks, notes, definitions, & translations
- Read comics on Google Play Books
- Watch movies & shows using a different account
- Add music to your queue
- 更新您的 Android 應用
- 試用尚未正式發布的最新 Android 應用