Error 214 on Movies & TV app
You may have seen this error message on your Android device:
"There was a problem playing the video (214). Try playing the video again or restarting your device."
This message can mean there's been a problem with your device, not the video you're trying to watch. If you're seeing this error message, here are some things you can try:
- Troubleshoot the issue using the steps below
- Try streaming or downloading your video somewhere else
- Request a refund for your video
Troubleshoot the issue on your device
Step 1: Make sure to try restarting your phone. Often, you can fix this problem just by turning your phone off and on.
Step 2: Update your Google Play Movies & TV app.
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu My Apps and games.
- If an update is available, tap Google Play Movies & TV Update.
Step 3: Update to the latest version of Android.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Under "System" settings, tap About phone, About tablet, or About device Software updates to check for available software updates.
Try streaming or downloading the video somewhere else
If you're having trouble watching a downloaded video on your device, try streaming or downloading your video on another device. You can also watch online at play.google.com/movies, using a Chromecast, or on YouTube.
Request a refund
If your video will not play correctly, you can request a refund for your video.
- Try new Android apps before they’re officially released
- Claim gift card rewards
- Read books on Google Play
- Upload files & print books
- Use bookmarks, notes, definitions, & translations
- Read comics on Google Play Books
- Watch movies & shows using a different account
- Add music to your queue
- 更新您的 Android 應用
- 試用尚未正式發布的最新 Android 應用